Two main types of bras offer a lifted look – padded bras and push-up bras. They do have some similarities, but they are certainly not the same. Padded bras have a thin pad sewn between the cups, while push-up bras contain additional padding at the bottom designed to instantly boost cleavage and give the appearance of a larger cup size.
Difference between push-up bra and padded bra
These two bra styles are similar because they aim to give ample support and increase breast volume.
- The difference between a padded and push-up bra is simple: padded bras offer a more subtle support and contour than push-up bras, which offer a significant lift.
- Women with small breasts frequently wear padded bras, while those with sagging breasts frequently wear push-up bras.
- With padded bras, you can get a slight lift to your breasts and give them the appearance of being more prominent. With push-up bras, you can get a bigger lift from the sides and upwards.
- Push-up bra style is perfect for people with wide-set, bottom-heavy, or lower hanging breasts.
- The heavy padding in push up bras can be uncomfortable to wear after long periods of time, which makes them impractical for everyday wear.
- A padded bra is ideal to wear under button up shirts or kurtas, while push-up bras are great under dresses and tops which show off the cleavage.
Push-up bra vs padded bra: Which one is better?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Both types of bras serve different purposes, and both are an essential in every woman’s closet. Choose a push-up or a padded bra based on the salient features of each style, and if the features match with your requirements. Wacoal has a variety of push-up and padded bras to offer in different sizes and colours.
Buy these bestsellers from Wacoal
You can browse through our extensive online catalogue of push-up and padded bras or visit any of our stores. Use our website’s size guide to figure out your strap and cup size or take help from our specially trained technicians in-store. Here are our top picks –
Full coverage padded t-shirt bra is a good choice for regular wear. It works well under office wear and casual clothing. A wide side band facilitates better support and a smooth shape from the sides and the back.
A lacy push-up bra that gives the breasts a raised and fuller look. Adjustable straps for your comfort. Complete your look by matching your bra with a Plush panty.
This no-wire push-up bra will give any outfit the oomph factor while ensuring your comfort. Perfect for prolonged wear.