How to find the right fit for your push-up bra?
Women have numerous options when choosing the perfect bra for themselves. This choice usually depends on the occasion, outfit, and other factors. However, the one bra style that has become widely popular these years is the push-up bra.
What is it?
A push-up bra is a type of lingerie crafted with extra padding to give volume to your breasts. This padding also lifts your bust and pushes your breast muscles towards the centre, creating the appearance of a cleavage. Brands also equip some of the styles of this bra with an underwire that adds to the support and lifts your breasts, making them look rounder and fuller.
However, to make the most of your push-up bra and keep it comfortable, you must buy it in the correct size. This factor is essential since wearing a bra that fits you well has the following advantages:
- It provides adequate support
- Improves your posture
- Prevents the underwire from digging into your skin and causing discomfort
- Flatters your figure and gives you a smoother silhouette
- Keeps your straps from slipping, preventing you from fidgeting
- Boosts your confidence
Steps to calculate your bra size
Since a well-fitted bra can have so many benefits, it is essential to know your true fit. This detail is crucial irrespective of whether you choose a wire-free or underwired bra when selecting a push-up bra. The first step to finding the perfect-fitting push-up bra is determining your measurements. To do this, follow these basic steps:
To calculate your band size:
- Put on a non-padded bra and position yourself in front of the mirror
- Wrap a measuring tape around your body exactly where the band of your bra sits
- Note the numbers on your tape since this will be your band size
To calculate your cup size:
- Find the fullest part of your breasts and wrap the measuring tape around it
- Make sure the tape fits securely on your body but does not flatten your bust
- It should also stay at the required level
- Note the exact numbers you see on the tape to determine your cup size
After you have noted the measurements, go to a reliable online bra size calculator and enter your under-bust size (band size) and over-bust size (bra cup size) and submit your measurements. The calculator will promptly compute the results and display your actual bra size. Now, use this to find the perfect push-up bra online. Check your bra size every three to six months for the best size and fit.